With all the creative opportunities in the realm of floor tile, updating you home is an exciting option.
We had to find some blinds for the rooms since the tiles were very unique. Luckily these blackout shades I found by Affordableblinds and they seem to be of very good quality.
There’s natural stone, porcelain and ceramic tile in dozens of colors, shapes and sizes. In spite of the latest DIY headlines bringing a new tile floor to life isn’t easy. Investing in professional tile installation is the best way to insure success for your Madison WI project.
What does a tile professional bring to the job that you don’t? Here are three key features:
- High-quality tools – installing a tile floor, especially the popular wood-look plank styles requires specialized tools.
- Experience, training and skill – hand in hand with professional tools are the skill, training and knowledge to use them correctly. No weekend classes replace years of on-the-job experience.
- A guarantee – if you make a mistake on a do-it-yourself project you’re stuck with the result. If you’re not satisfied with a professional tile installation job the company stands behind its work.
Avoid Floor Tile Regrets
Installing a tile floor is the number one home project homeowners regret doing themselves, according to a recent survey of more than 2,000 homeowners across the country. In the beginning, it doesn’t look “that hard.” But hundreds are disappointed with the results. Many follow by hiring a professional to come in and redo the project – paying at least twice as much as professional tile installation costs in the first place.
Compared to an average garage floor, epoxy floors are bright and professional. Their appearance alone makes them enticing to use. The smooth and even surface is also very easy to sweep and maintain. Since not much sticks to this type of flooring, cleaning up a mess a very easy. It’s highly recommended that you consult a professional contractor to conduct an analysis of your floor before making any decision, visit adhesiveslab.com if you have any question about epoxy flooring.
What does the DIY crowd do wrong? A tile professionals suggests these mistakes:
- Buying “cheap” tile – the tile itself is the least expensive part of a successful job. Tile is “cheap” for a reason – often because it doesn’t last, is outdated or discontinued.
- Falling in love with trends – timely trends have to be considered, but remember the tile on your floor is a semi-permanent building block. Therefore you want something you’ll be happy with in the years to come.
A highly-respected national designer has a rule of thumb: “natural and neutral.” All design is an opinion. Homeowners have to choose what they like and what fits their lifestyle.
- Skipping the prep process – there’s a long list of steps to cover before any tile is put down. Even the smallest detail is important to the finished success. Few DIY remodelers understand the importance of the subfloor – a poor floor shifts and loosens over time.
- Avoiding the directions – It’s not just a “guy thing.” Homeowners often don’t know that different tiles require difference adhesives – there’s thin-set mortar, mastic and epoxy thin-set for starters. Different tiles have different maintenance requirements, too. Homeowners that do their homework give themselves an advantage.
Professional Tile Installation Is An Investment
Don’t mistake cost as value. High-priced tile doesn’t guarantee a high-quality floor. Investing in professional expertise is a worthwhile investment. Why bring in a pro to install your new tile floor? Consider these advantages:
- Fast, efficient installation – an experienced craftsman knows the shortcuts that add value and the ones that reduce quality. That’s why they get the job done efficiently without wasted effort.
- Reduced waste – a professional knows how to handle tile, make accurate measurements and calculate what’s needed. Skilled handling reduces broken and badly cut tiles.
- Avoid water damage – poorly installed tile or grout allows water to seep into cracks. Mold and mildew finds those damp places, we make sure to use the best Water Proof Flooring Adhesive for your flooring installation.
- Protecting the property – tile installation often includes tearing out an old floor. Dust, debris and related disruptions are better handled by a crew that does it daily, protecting your home from collateral damage.
- Warrantied work – not only does the tile you choose for the floor have a warranty from the manufacturer, the workmanship of the installers is warranted, too.
- The right tools – cutting, setting and grouting all tile requires more than skill and experience. It takes a selection of specialized tools. A homeowner can buy, rent or borrow tools but a pro has a complete selection. More importantly, the pro knows how to get the most from each one.
Local Floor Tile Pros
For professional consultations, innovative tile creations, installation and selection, contact Molony Tile. We’re Madison’s premier source for unique, durable and elegant tile solutions. Call or email Molony Tile, 608-268-8453 to discuss professional tile installation and preview our huge selection of floor tile for your Madison WI home.