Upgrading and remodeling your bathroom is a many-faceted undertaking. It can be as simple as changing colors or as complex as knocking out walls. Either way, the right bathroom tile selection will make or break the bathroom remodel.
Bathroom tile options have expanded to dozens of shapes, colors and textures in recent years. Your Madison WI home can feature a bathroom that truly reflects your style and decorating acumen. If you’re planning a bathroom remodel and evaluating your bathroom tile selection, consider these design trends:
- Traditional – The old “standard” tile for tub surrounds and showers was 4×4-inch squares or 3×6-inch “subway” tiles. Colors are usually plain – white, tan, etc. Today’s “traditional” designs are using these standards in different ways – adding color, mixing in different sizes for a mosaic look or incorporating natural stone.
- Contemporary – Bringing in a host of colors and textures gives the remodeled bathroom a more contemporary look and additional textures adds a luxurious feel. More glass (like glass panels) and more mirrors complete the style.
- Edgy – Glass tiles in many shapes and sizes create a bold focal point. Colors not usually associated with the bathroom like dark red, dark blue or black make a statement.
- Trendy – Magazines, books and TV networks are full of the latest “looks” on what’s popular in bathroom tiles and applications.. Remember, what’s trendy today will fall from grace eventually and you’ll be living with your bathroom a long time.
- Natural – Wood-look tiles and natural stone with additional neutral colors are turning bathrooms into relaxing getaway spots. Natural materials have relaxing properties, especially when bathed in natural, outdoor lighting.
Don’t Neglect The Floor in Bathroom Tile Selection
The bathroom floor has to deal with wet conditions, foot traffic and frequent cleaning. Adding floor tiles that complement fixtures and cabinetry is a must. Your floor tile can be as basic as small squares to as trendy as long, wood-look planks. Colors, textures and shapes are limited only by imagination.
TIP FROM A PRO: Larger tiles require less grout and that can make them easier to keep clean and looking like new.
Flooring options in your selection of bathroom tiles require attention to the details found in the other elements in the plan. Consider:
- Setting the Mood – Solid color tiles can project a warm ambiance. Larger tiles provide a feeling or openness and when complimenting cabinets and fixtures they can expand the feel of a small space.
- Size Matters – Using tiles of varying sizes creates interesting patterns for walls and floors.
- Color Makes a Difference – Vibrant, bold color combinations combined with sleek accessories makes a design statement that’s especially welcomed when expanding with a bathroom remodeling project.
- It’s Your Room – Bring in the style that reflects your personality and the décor of your home. That can be anything from elegant Mediterranean designs to country or English Tudor. Your family will use the room most often, make it family-friendly.
Whether you’re renovating a small Power Room or expanding your master bath, there are exquisite tiles to make every newly renovated bathroom glow.
Consult a Professional For Your Bathroom Tile Selection
To help determine your best bathroom tile options, contact Molony Tile, a source for unique, durable and elegant tile solutions in Madison WI and greater Dane county including Middleton, Waunakee, Verona, Fitchburg, McFarland, Oregon, Stoughton, Cottage Grove and Sun Prairie.
Call or email Molony Tile, 608-268-8453 for professional advice and tile installation options for ceramic tile and porcelain tile products and and a complete inventory of the latest tiles to expand bathroom remodel and bathroom tile selection options in Madison WI.